Wow!! Wasn't expecting that this month. A quick history to get started. I had a miscarriage in December at 17 weeks due to a blighted ovum. We TTC in February for a November 2005 baby, but my cycles were not regular yet from the miscarriage. We then decided to wait until July to TTC. That way we would still get our spring baby we were wanting. In the meantime I started charting my temperatures to get a good feel for my body and my cycles. I quickly found out that my temps were all over the chart and ovulation was not being detected by fertility friend. We decided to use natural birth control until July so I could chart. Talked at length with Dr. Cox about this and he agreed that natural birth control should be fine for me and to just have a great loving relationship with DH. WELL, we did that!!! Not on purpuse, I just got a little carried away. I know totally unexpected since Joey usually takes care of that for me.
May was my second full month of charting. But over the course of the last 3 months my cycles just kept getting longer. So this month at CD34 I got really irratable and tired. I chalked it up to PMS and told DH to give me some space and I would be better in a few days when AF started. CD35 I had a temperature dip and some spotting so I was sure that AF would show the next day. Well CD36's temp was back up and so was CD37's. This whole time I'm thinking what the heck is going on now and how long is this PMS thing going to drag out before AF shows? I plugged my temps into fertility friend and noticed that the summary said, "you have had 18 days of high temps, please take a pregnancy test, you may be pregnant." WHAT??????
So I looked at my chart and thought about it more and more and decided it might be right. I decided that I would wait until the next morning to see what my temp does. If my temp is still up I will take an HPT. Well sure enough it was still high, so I took the HPT before I got in the shower (it was just a cheap $ Tree test I had from the last pg). It took about a minute for the line to show up. Sure enough I was pregnant.
I went to work that morning kind of in numb disbelief. I was some what frusterated, I couldn't seem to make this happen when I wanted to make it happen and now it happens all on its own. I am very excited about the news and about finally being preggo again. I keep reminding myself that the Lord has a plan for us all and I can't control everything and I by dang just better fully appreciate the blessing before it is taken away again. I think part of my apprehension is due to not knowing if this one will go to the end or not. I will probably have to work pretty hard to enjoy my first trimester and not worry about what may happen.
I told Joey yesterday morning. I had a frame of my mom's that I was supposed to be filling for her with pics of the kids. So I put some pics in there of the kids and left one spot empty that said New Addition coming January 2006. I put it on the kitchen table and set the table for breakfast. Kylee and I went downstairs and started eating while Joey finished getting ready. So when I came down and sat at the table he noticed the pictures and said it looked good. He then proceeded to "really" examine the pictures of the kids. Then after about 3 minutes and him saying nothing I had to ask him to look at the frame really close....clueless....I finally had to ask him to read the one picture out load to me. After he read it I was like....and???? He said, "how did you come up with January?" He had thought I put that in the picture frame as a way to tell my mom that we were going to try in July and he did not understand how January fit in. It finally clicked for him and he asked me if I was pregnant right now. Hello......yes I am!!! It was pretty funny. I made him swear to secrecy that he would not tell anyone until after we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. So for anyone that reads this after it is known, don't be mad. I just want to make sure this time is for real before we start sharing the news.
I talked to Dr. Cox's office yesterday. They want me to come in next week for the blood work and quants. And then at 10 weeks we will have an early ultrasound. So we will probably announce to the fam shortly after. That should be around the 4th of July time frame. My appointment next week is June 1st @ 1:00.
As for how I am feeling preggo wise, the fatigue is already setting in full force. I am not nauseous yet and no morning sickness (m/s). I am sure it will come though.
Hopefully my entries going forward are much shorter.
Huge Case Lot Sales!
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment