At my 39 week doctor's appointment on May 19th, the doctor told me she wanted to induce me the next day. She did not want me going into labor on my own because she was afraid I would not make it to the hospital in time to deliver the baby, let alone with enough time to give me the antibiotics for the group B strep. It was a little quicker than I expected, but I was definately ready to be done with this pregnancy.
We got to the hospital just after 7am on May 20th and did not get admitted and hooked up to my first dose of antibiotics and the pitocin until around 8am. I started having regular contractions around 11am, but wasn't really feeling them yet. The doc came in and broke my water just about 1:15pm then things happened very fast. I was 4cm when the doc broke my water. By 1:50pm, I was 6cm. By 2:05pm, I was 8cm and then by 2:15pm I as ready to go. The doc made me hold two contractions until I could start pusing...very miserable. I basically told her that she better come catch this baby because it was coming wether she was ready or not. Emma shot out all at once and I didn't even have to push. The cord was wrapped around Emma's neck twice, but since she came out so fast, it was not an issue. Emma was born at 2:23pm, May 20, 2009. She weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz. and was 20 inches long.
Emma has been a perfect little angel baby. She sleeps great, nurses great and does not cry much. If only all of them could have been like her!!!
I made a slide show of Emma's pictures instead of just posting them all. enjoy
Huge Case Lot Sales!
9 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment